Chester County PA program hosts its Spring fundraiser April 19, 2008.
The positive therapeutic effects of companion animals on people who live with illnesses and disabilities is widely documented. Animals, including horses, have long been regarded as natural healers.
In the Horse Power for Life approach, working with the horses helps participants gain insight as it relates to emotions, communication, relationships, personal healing and inner strength.
Participants in the Horse Power for Life program:
- build a bond with horses
- develop friendships with others
- feel a sense of responsibility and feel needed
- learn new skills and feel a sense of accomplishment
- improve physical, mental, social and emotional well-being
- have a fun time away from the hospital setting
- have the ability to participate in a horsemanship program free of charge
Along with the many psychological benefits, physical advancements include:
- balance and coordination
- rhythm and timing
- increased muscle strength
- endurance and fitness
- respiratory control
To make a donation or to find participation requirements and registration information, visit http://www.horsepowerforlife.org/index.html