Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar for
Helps balance pH and works to detox
Raw/unprocessed, unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) is great for you and your horse to help balance pH. Even though ACV is acidic to taste, it throws off an alkaline ash once in the body and is thought to help restore the acid alkaline balance in the body.
It’s important to purchase only unpasteurized, organic ACV, which contains mother of vinegar. It has a cobweb-like appearance and can make the vinegar look slightly congealed. It’s the only way apple cider vinegar should be consumed. Bragg’s is a popular brand with wide distribution, available at health food stores and online.
Used as a traditional cure for a multitude of ills over the centuries, ACV’s effectiveness has been scientifically proven for improving diabetes, heart health and blood pressure, detoxifying and cleansing the digestive tract and cleaning out the colon, clearing funguses and skin allergies, killing or slowing the growth of cancer cells and lowering body fat/weight.
Additional Benefits for Horses
- helps with mineral absorption and breaking down calcium deposits
- aids in treating arthritis, laminitis, navicular (an acidic condition)
- aids in digestion, particularly proteins and fats
- promotes the growth of healthy microflora (apple cider vinegar is a prebiotic, which feeds probiotics, the healthy microflora in your and your horse's inner ecosystem)
- discourages flies from attacking as it comes out through sweat
- makes a great non-toxic fly spray (for one recipe, visit http://photopuncture.com/s/flyspray)
To Aid Detox: Add 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to a 1- or 2-liter filtered water bottle. Drink this throughout the day to cleanse your body and kidneys all day long. For your horse, start with a tablespoon in a bucket and work up to ¼ cup a day. Many horses love it and drink more water as a result, staying nicely hydrated.