(January 2016) – If you have been searching for a great way to learn about how to become a riding instructor or barn manager and great horsemanship practices as a whole, then the Certified Horsemanship Association has several events that offer just that. CHA’s Regional Conferences are great continuing education opportunities for both riding instructors and all horse enthusiasts. Anyone is welcome. If you like horses, this is one of the best ways to learn about a variety of topics from top instructors, clinicians, veterinarians, farriers, and other professionals from within the horse industry. Come enjoy being with fellow horsemen and horsewomen at a conference near you, and you can even get hands-on horse experience with mounted sessions taught by experienced CHA certified instructors.
CHA already has several Regional Conferences on the calendar at http://cha-ahse.org/store/pages/48/Regional_Conferences.html. And additional regional conferences, as well as certification clinics and skills clinics, are added throughout the year. To get notification as events are added, we recommend that you sign up for our monthly e-newsletter at www.CHA-ahse.org.
The following clinics are already scheduled and taking registrations.
- CHA Region 1 (British Columbia, Washington, Idaho, Western Montana, Oregon, and Alberta) This conference is scheduled for March 3-6, 2016, at Miracle Ranch in Port Orchard, WA. Speakers, to be announced, will speak on English and western riding, vaulting, therapeutic riding, equine facility management, and other topics. Contact CHA Regional Director Teddy Franke in Oregon at firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-544-2149.
- CHA Region 2 (Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Eastern Manitoba, North Dakota, and South Dakota) This conference is scheduled for May 14, 2016, at Cloud 9 Ranch in Manitoba. Contact Tara Reimer in Manitoba at email@example.com or 204-392-6308.
- CHA Region 4 (Lower Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Tennessee, Kentucky, West Virginia, and Eastern Ontario)The Annual CHA International Conference is scheduled for October 20-23, 2016, at Middle Tennessee State University. Contact the CHA Corporate Office at office@CHA-ahse.org or 859-259-3399. For more information on the 2016 CHA International Conference, visit http://cha-ahse.org/store/pages/47/International_Conference.html.
- CHA Region 5 (New York, New Jersey, Washington DC, Virginia, Delaware, Pennsylvania, and Maryland) This conference is scheduled for April 1-2, 2016, at Houghton College in Houghton, New York. Workshops are designed to help riding instructors improve teaching techniques and learn to evaluate their students. Conference attendees can ride and work with the CHA presenting instructor to improve their teaching techniques and riding. Contact JoAnne Young in New York at firstname.lastname@example.org or 585-567-8142.
- CHA Region 9 (Missouri, Nebraska, Colorado, Kansas, and Wyoming) This conference is scheduled for June 10-11, along with a Skills Clinic on Practicing Lessons for Certification and/or to achieve a higher level, at Laramie County Community College in Cheyenne, WY. Contact Jill Montgomery at email@example.com or 719-547-7677.
- CHA Region 10 (California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, and Hawaii)This conference will take place in Northern California, however a date is to be determined. Contact Cheryl Rohnke-Kronsberg in California at firstname.lastname@example.org or 714-693-4886.
Each region determines pricing individually. Registration is required. To get connected and stay up-to-date on each CHA Region as well as all happenings related with CHA, please visit http://cha-ahse.org/store/blog/Socially_CHA_Connecting_with_the_Certified_Horsemanship_Association.html.
CHA Instructors Change Lives Through Safe Experiences with Horses. The purpose of CHA is to promote excellence in safety and education for the benefit of the horse industry. CHA certifies instructors and trail guides, accredits equestrian facilities, publishes educational manuals, produces educational horsemanship DVDs and YouTube Safety shorts, and hosts regional and international conferences. For more information on the largest certifying body of riding instructors and barn managers in North America, the Certified Horsemanship Association, please visit www.CHA-ahse.org or call 859-259-3399. To find a certified horseback riding instructor or accredited equine facility near you, visit www.CHAinstructors.com.