FLINT HILL, Va., Sept. 11, 2015 - From feed to forage, supplies to supplements, horse rescues need all the donations they can get. Though in our mind's eye, all horses at equine rescues might be underweight, fighting an uphill battle to get healthy, the truth is that many rescues have healthy, rehabbed horses in their pipelines who are looking for their forever homes and still need top-notch care. Harmany Muzzles wants to lessen the burden on equine rescues, and will be donating a total of 180 first-generation Harmany Muzzles (in all four sizes: mini, pony, horse and draft) to rescues nationwide.
After redesigning the muzzles in July, Harmany Muzzles was left with extra first-generation product. Rather than sell those muzzles, founder Dr. Joyce Harman felt it best to donate those muzzles to horses in need.
Do you want to get muzzles for your rescue? Here's how:
- 501c3 rescues should send an email to Emily@harmanymuzzle.com with a short rescue description, size of muzzles needed and one rescue photo. Entries will be accepted through Sept. 18.
- Rescues images/descriptions will be posted on the Harmany Muzzles Facebook page in an album titled "Lending A Muzzle To Horses In Need."
- Fans may cast votes by "liking" rescue images. Voting will run from Sept. 18-25.
- As many as 90 rescues will be deemed winners, and will be announced via email and on Facebook Sept. 24!
Muzzling horses, even those that are recently rehabbed, is important on a number of levels. For starters, it's not safe to turn out a newly rehabbed horse onto rich grass. Also, rescue horses tend to be a little bit older, increasing the chances of metabolic issues. Even so, for horses that have been deprived of so much throughout their lives, it's not fair to deprive them of the most basic of equine needs-pasture time! Muzzles allow a horse to behave normally in the pasture in terms of exercise and socialization without running the risk of over-grazing.
Harmany Muzzles are a different breed of muzzle because they are:
- Customizable. Form it to your horse's head shape AND dictate the amount of grass he gets.
- Comfortable. The lightweight., unrestrictive nature of the muzzles mean happier horses.
- Humane. Harmany Muzzles offer 50% more breathing room than traditional muzzles.
- Durable. Kevlar® fibers help prevent wear.
- Patent-pending design. Harmany Muzzles are made of a medical grade thermal plastic that becomes pliable when heated, allowing you to customize it to meet your horse's individual needs.
- Vet -Approved. Harmany Muzzles are designed by leading holistic equine vet, Dr. Joyce Harman.