Let’s examine the similarities and differences.
- Lightweight – Razer shoes are about half the weight of a traditional steel shoe
- Traction – Providing additional traction to aid in performance
- Wear Protection – Preventing excess or abnormal hoof wear or breakage and injury to the foot
- Shoe Pattern – Race Plates feature a fullered concave section and Razer shoes feature a smooth outer rim with interior cleating
- Material – Razers are made from tempered, tool steel and allow independent heel movement, whereas aluminum or traditional steel race plates lock the foot in place
- Profile – Razers are lower profile, providing a more natural contact with the ground, including increased frog contact and sole compression
Razerhorse is a hoof care company that promotes better health and performance through science and technology. Razerhorse products are designed to mimic the natural function of the hoof while providing the protection needed for today’s performance horses. Razerhorse currently offers two products: the Razer horseshoe, a tempered tool steel shoe that allows the hoof to flex like a bare foot, and the Propad, a shock-absorbing polyurethane hoof pad that features an accordion-like frog support. To learn more about Razer shoes and Propads or to find a dealer near you, visit www.razerhorse.com or call 855-95-RAZER.